What is Ayurveda and how can it help me?
This course is gives you the answer to this question, and SO much more!
In this engaging, fun and rich course, you'll be guided into the amazing world of Ayurveda, from the most practical to the sublime philosophy that lies at its core.
Drawing from her 7 years of study at the top Ayurvedic University in India where she was a fellowship scholar, as well as her background as a professional ballet dancer and 25 years of teaching a variety of styles of Yoga, Mariko will share her experience and perspective of Ayurveda that is inspiring and deep, yet eminently practical.
You'll gain a wealth of authentic knowledge, including:
- How Ayurveda can enhance your Yoga practice, and visa versa.
- What doshas are, and how to understand their unique language.
- How to decipher your Ayurvedic Constitution through the ancient art of Pulse Diagnosis.
- Basics of Ayurvedic Physiology
- Why and how we get sick according to Ayurveda, and how we can prevent it.
- How to take therapeutic action to restore balance.
- How to create a customized Ayurvedic Schedule that serves your unique, individual needs.
- The Ayurvedic approach to Diet and Nutrition
- Key Ayurvedic herbs to optimize your health.
Let's dive in and start paving the path towards radiant health naturally!
Mariko Hirakawa, B.A.M.S., E-RYT
Mariko is an internationally known Yoga-Ayurveda Expert with over 20 years of teaching experience. A former professional dancer as well as an Ayurvedic physician trained in India, she is one of the very few in the West to have completed the rigorous 5 ½ year B.A.M.S. degree in India. Healer, yogini, and a performer with multi-cultural background, Mariko is known for the quality and depth she brings to her work.